Translate

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"Caroline"

This is a new painting commission of one of my friend's beautiful daughter, Caroline Federicci. She is only 14, and a beautiful dancer. When I went to the dance studio to photograph her, I was lucky enough to get to watch her practice a routine, and I was very impressed! As far as the painting goes, I have many more photographs that I plan to paint, but I think this one is finished. I will show it to the family, and see what they think. Sometimes a parent can see something subtle, that I may not see, that can be easily changed, and makes the person in the painting look more like themselves.

2 comments:

Kim Federici said...

Wow! Amazing and beautiful! Not sure if it is the artist or the model. Although, as the model's mother I may be a little biased. However, I have always been a fan and Suzy has painted portraits of all my daughters.

Suzy said...

Thanks Kim! I am glad you like it, but the background is still in question??? I do think Caroline looks beautiful though! Love her face and reflection...can't believe she is only 14. (Degas' "dancer" (sculpture) was only 14.)