Translate

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Scott Richards Contemporary Art.....new gallery representation.

My art work is now being represented by Scott Richards Contemporary Art in San Francisco.  It all happened very suddenly, but I am so happy to have my art seen in both of Scott's galleries: Tangent, which is located just off Union Square (street level) at 373 Geary Street, as well as his main location at 251 Post Street. 

I have been going to the galleries at 251 Post Street since I lived in the Bay, 17 years ago, and Scott's galleries definitely do not disappoint!  He and his amazing, and friendly staff show contemporary art by many incredible artists, and I am excited to be a part of it!


"Laura with Narcissa's Last Orchid", oil, 24" x 18", by Suzy Smith

As an artist, people often ask me if I didn't sell my work would I still paint....and of course the answer would be a resounding YES!  It is always an interesting question to me, because there is nothing I would rather do than paint and create....not saying it is always easy, but to me, part of the act of creating is to share your vision with other people.  Sometimes your work is not liked, or people don't understand why you are painting it, and I learned very early on, you need a thick skin sometimes to be in this business.  And make no mistake.....it is not only a creative endeavor, but it is a business.  That is why I am so excited to have my work actually hung and seen!!  Now as far as selling......I would still paint without sales, but selling the work becomes the final act of validation!  It is a bonus of creating to get a nice check in the mail....



"Reverie", oil, 40" x 30, by Suzy Smith

No comments: