Translate

Friday, January 6, 2012

Commission continues.....

I just finished painting the shoes on my six foot figure!  That means the whole body has it's first layer of paint, and, so far, the paint is drying fairly fast.  (I decided not to use the quick dry paint, because I am not sure how I like it...it seems kind of "plastic" to me when it dries, and I am a fan of the way oil paint looks when it is dry....which I think is extremely important when painting a Thiebaud cake.)
My next decision is how to handle the shadows in the background.....after I paint the background, then I will repaint the entire figure, and see what I think.....
                                                                                            
And since I always like to post a photo of a painting, here is "Cakes!", with Wayne Thiebaud's painting "Cakes" in the background.


No comments: