Translate

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Gumballs.

It's been a while since I posted any new painting photos, because I have been so busy painting.
After making it through the holidays, trying to paint every chance I got, I have made significant progress on my 6' commission.  I have finally reached the point of  showing my clients a photo of the painting, and they are pleased with the results so far...now into the home stretch!

While letting paint dry, and trying to make some final decisions on the commission, I have painted a background (first layer of paint) on one of my other paintings.  (I must say, I could paint this model forever, and never get tired of her!)  This painting is one of my favorites of her, and I have added one of Charles Bell's paintings; "Gumball Section A" to the background.



Charles Bell is another Photorealist, and his work is not only amazing, but captures an entire era with the subjects he paints.  I have painted gumball machines myself, and even have a collection of them.   ( This painting is not completely finished yet either, but is closer....)

No comments: