Translate

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Casper, WY





Just returned from Casper, WY, the town where I grew up. The winters there are really cold and windy, and seem to last forever, but it is a beautiful place in it's own way. ( We never missed a weekend of skiing in the winter, no matter what the weather.) A great place to grow up, and raise kids. I moved to Sandy, Utah when I was around 30, then to Fairfield, CA two years later, and finally after 7 years in CA, I moved to Albuquerque, NM.
The summers in Wyoming are really wonderful! This trip was to celebrate my dad's 80th birthday, and all my brothers and sister were there, with their children. (except David's kids) I was especially happy because my son and daughter were both there, along with my grandson.

On the way home from Casper we were lucky enough to stop in Loveland, CO to see the" Wayne Thiebaud /70 Years of Painting" show. It was an incredible show, although I would have liked a few more cake and pie paintings, and maybe some more figurative paintings.

I saw another of his shows in Sacramento, CA when I lived out there, and I love his work! His use of color and paint is amazing, not to mention his subject matter. Wayne Thiebaud seems like a very humble, hard working man, and I hope I will get a chance to meet him in my life. He is almost 89 years old, and still paints nearly every day. What an amazing painter!

No comments: