Translate

Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 11...

Yesterday, I added a frame around the Modigliani, but because I wanted the frame to be small...it's already pretty close to the bed...I made a small black frame instead of the gold larger frame I had planned.  I'm still not sure if I will keep it.  Then I darkened the background, and repainted the red sheet, maybe a bit darker.

I also paint the edges of my paintings, even if I don't use a floater frame, because it makes the painting, as a product, more finished, and I like that extra bit of ...quality.
So it is off to dry once again, and then I will decide what else to do with it.  I can say right now, that I don't feel the painting is finished.  I think I will work on the body some more, and the right hand needs some help.  It will take at least a week to dry, so although I only have 11 actual days of painting, it sure seems like longer.  :)

No comments: