Yesterday, I added a frame around the Modigliani, but because I wanted the frame to be small...it's already pretty close to the bed...I made a small black frame instead of the gold larger frame I had planned. I'm still not sure if I will keep it. Then I darkened the background, and repainted the red sheet, maybe a bit darker.
I also paint the edges of my paintings, even if I don't use a floater frame, because it makes the painting, as a product, more finished, and I like that extra bit of ...quality.
So it is off to dry once again, and then I will decide what else to do with it. I can say right now, that I don't feel the painting is finished. I think I will work on the body some more, and the right hand needs some help. It will take at least a week to dry, so although I only have 11 actual days of painting, it sure seems like longer. :)