Translate

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Tamara de Lempicka



One of my favorite artists that I only discovered a few years ago, is Tamara de Lempicka.  She was born in 1898 in Warsaw, Poland, and led an interesting and exciting life, that would be hard to match by anyone, least of all a female artist of her time.  I have read everything I can find about her, and am excited that I am finally going to incorporate one of her paintings into one of mine, as a background painting.  Here are a few of her paintings.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

Michael dean Springer said...

Love it!!, have worked on a copy of 'The Slave' (?) that has lighting built into the panel...

Suzy said...

Wow, that sounds interesting. Is it finished? You should send me a photo of it, I'd love to see it. The painting I am working on is one of my models in a pose similar to "The Slave"/ "Andromeda", but with the painting "La Belle Rafaela" in the background.